As a Senior UX/UI Designer, you will have a deep knowledge of designing sustainable and maintainable systems with a keen sensitivity to helping our clients make progress towards their goals.
You will apply your design chops along with your natural curiosity, leadership, critical thinking skills, and empathy to understanding and advocating for our clients' (and their stakeholders' and audiences’) goals, needs, and challenges.
Your work will help to solve real problems through meaningful and impactful design.
- You will be building design systems for websites and products, creating brands identities, researching based on audience and business needs, and strategizing how to put it all to best use.
- You will be participating in client workshops. This involves supporting and sometimes leading participatory exercises that create empathy with the client and support the user experience research.
- You will be presenting your own work to clients—who better than you? You should be an excellent presenter who can articulate your work and vision clearly.
- You will be passing your work off to other members of the team. This should be done thoughtfully, carefully, timely, and completely—with an never-flagging sense of kindness.
- You will be designing with accessibility standards and considerations in mind. We are strong believers in the accessibility of our work and have made it part of everything we do.
- You will contribute to the culture of the office, supporting your coworkers and helping to make Yes& a wonderful place to work.
- You will bring your skills, passion, and moxie to make Yes& better than we are without you.
- In addition to your role as a practitioner, you will be expected to actively participate in growing the overall design culture and practice of the team, and to communicate our shared philosophies to the world. It’s about being an active member of this vibrant creative community and an ambassador for the good work we do.
- You should have experience and enthusiasm for in mentoring other members of the team.
What You Should Already Have, Know, And Do
- You should be passionate and excited about composition, color theory, typography, grid systems, responsive design, transitional interfaces, accessibility standards, industry best practices, and all the other special details that make websites and applications look and feel great.
- You should have experience in and excitement for designing for products.
- You have experience in creating digital brand identities, systems and implementation roll outs.
- You should have experience in conceptualizing creative work across disparate mediums.
- You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You should be experienced in creating design documentation—outlining requirements for both developers and clients.
- You should be comfortable with client communication. Clients should feel confident in you and your ability to help them navigate through the design phase of their project.
- You should be comfortable with an iterative design process that includes soliciting, accepting, and managing feedback and constructive criticism, and experience working in a cross-disciplinary team setting.
- You should be proficient at creating wireframes and collaborating with members of the UX team in their creation.
- You should be able to self-manage through taking ownership and responsibility of a project.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) and Sketch is a requirement. Figma is a bonus. Curiosity and research around what tools make the most sense for us to be using is welcomed and encouraged.
- You should have an understanding of designing for content management systems as well as communication skills around front-end web development.
- 5+ years of previous relevant experience.
Values You Should Share with Us
- Working within a diverse team environment
- Crafting solutions for internal and external processes
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and / or clients
- A mix of collaboration and self-direction in work