At the same time, they should be business-minded, always asking questions and looking at the future to determine where innovation and growth will come from and where culture is heading. The Strategist must be curious, always looking for new trends in culture, media, and consumer behavior, and should apply this future-focused thinking in their day to day work in developing world-class integrated communications plans and cross channel media recommendations across the customer journey.
What You Will Do
- Develops, owns and oversees integrated media planning strategies (across all channels) on assigned accounts and will heavily collaborate with clients and internal teams.
- Brings together different buying disciplines for integration across media.
- Works with a group of media planning professionals responsible for media plan development and implementation.
- Serves as a key liaison among various media groups and partners that contribute to the overall media plan development process.
- Ensures the timely development and execution of plans, campaigns, and projects.
- Responsible for the implementation and stewardship of all components of the media plan.
- Provides input on POVs for new or client requested opportunities.
- Set communications goals for each campaign or plan.
- Develops plan recommendations that delivers against strategic vision and campaign goals for final implementation.
- Determines final budget allocation by medium, informed by any research or insight driven by media planning
- Responsible for media budgets based on client authorized spend.
- Actively participates in and makes meaningful contributions to agency-wide business development efforts.
Experience You Need
- 10+ years of combined media-related experience, preferably in an agency setting.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage to deadlines.
- Demonstrated account leadership, initiative, and willingness to assume greater responsibility.
- Define the customer journey, develop strategic marketing communication plans, and actively participate in its implementation.
- Present agency recommendations to clients, and respond and revise as needed based on feedback.
- Ability to provide clear and logical direction for internal teams to execute upon campaigns.
- Monitor campaign performance, present results and insights to clients, and make recommendations for optimization.
Experience that Would be a Plus, but not Required
- Programmatic buying and campaign management, with proficiencies in digital marketing platforms, including (but not limited to) Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Display / Video / OTT networks
- Working knowledge of current research and analytical tools, including Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Familiarity with government clients
Values You Should Share with Us
- Working within a diverse team environment
- Crafting solutions for internal and external processes
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and / or clients
- A mix of collaboration and self-direction in work